- The Rainbow Bridge
- When a beloved pet dies who has been especially close to someone here,
- that pet goes to The Rainbow Bridge.
- It is a land of meadows, hills and valleys.
- There is always plenty of food and water and sunshine, and
- our friends are warm and comfortable.
- Those who were old and frail are young again - restored to health and vigor;
- Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again,
- just as we remember them in days and times gone by.
- The animals are content and happy with each other.
- But there is something missing.
- They are not with their special people who loved them on earth -
- the ones who were left behind.
- Then the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance.
- The bright eyes are intent;
- the eager body quivers.
- Suddenly he breaks away from the group, flying over the green grass;
- his legs carrying him faster and faster.
- You have been seen.
- And when you and your special friend meet,
- you take him in your arms and embrace.
- The happy kisses rain upon your face.
- Your hands again caress the beloved head.
- You look once more into the trusting eyes of your friend.
- And then, together, you cross The Rainbow Bridge.
Never again to be separated.
– Author Unknown
© humanetreatment.org, All rights reserved, 2016